10 Reasons We Are Thankful For Dogs
Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude, and dog owners have a lot to be thankful for indeed. Your canines are your companions, your babies and your friends all at once, offering their eternal unconditional love for the low price of snuggles and treats.
Here are 10 reasons we’re thankful dogs exist:
1. They provide love and affection. Many dogs are part of large families, but for some people in the world, their dogs are all they have.
2. They are loyal. Your dog recognizes you from a mile away. You are his person, and he loves you.
3. They are nurturers. If you’ve ever seen a mother dog with her pups, you know about their power to nurture. They will offer you that kind-hearted comfort as well.
4. They offer forgiveness. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done in the past, what kind of day you’ve had or even if you accidentally took your bad mood out on your dog. She will forgive you.
5. They’ll help you exercise. Whether you live in a tiny apartment or a big house with a yard, walking and playing with your dog is essential. Exercise, even a short walk, can do wonders for your mental and physical health. Your pup is great motivation to move.
6. They are funny. Dogs have such unique personalities, and getting to know their quirks and habits is part of the fun of pet ownership.
7. They’ll never complain about you. You might annoy your spouse, your children or your friends, but your dog loves you just as you are.
8. They make excellent space heaters. Nothing warms us up on a cold winter night like our dog cuddling up to us on the couch.
9. They miss us when we’re gone. Dogs don’t have any concept of time. Rest assured, when you’re away, she’s thinking about you every minute, and she’s so happy to see you when you get back.
10. Petting them lowers our blood pressure. This has been scientifically proven. It also feels really nice to pet your pup.
Tell your dogs you love them today, and every day. They are as thankful for you as you are for them.